Friday, October 22, 2010

Book club


I just started a book club with my sister Linda. It's so new that we don't even have a name yet. the first book we will be reading is Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I'm really excited about the club and about reading this book, I've read so many good reviews. The following is just a few reviews by some people that you might recognize.
"I was so obsessed with this book I had to take it with me out to dinner and hide it under the edge of the table so I wouldn't have to stop reading. The story kept me up for several nights in a row, because even after I was finished, I just lay in bed wide awake thinking about it...The Hunger Games is amazing."
--Stephenie Meyer, www.stepheniemeyer.com


"The Hunger Games is as close to perfect an adventure novel as I've ever read. I could not put it down. Collins has transformed the ancient Labyrinth myth into a terrifyingly believable tale of future America. Readers will be hungry for more.
--Rick Riordan, author of The Percy Jackson Series and The 39 Clues



“[The Hunger Games] is a great book, and very thought-provoking. Read this along with your teen and discuss it.”
--Charlaine Harris, www.charlaineharris.com

No comments:

Post a Comment